Are your eligible patients using the My EpiPen Savings Card®?
Eligible patients can receive up to a $300 discount on up to three EpiPen 2-Pak® cartons (six auto-injectors) for $0 with the My EpiPen Savings Card®.Tell your patients about it and help them reduce their out-of-pocket costs and be prepared in more places. Restrictions apply; see full Terms and Conditions.
Are your eligible patients who are prescribed Mylan's authorized generic to EpiPen® using the MyGenericEAI Savings Card?
Eligible patients can receive up to a $25 discount on up to three Epinephrine Injection, USP two-pack cartons (six auto-injectors) with the MyGenericEAI Savings Card. Tell your patients about it and help them reduce their out-of-pocket costs and be prepared in more places. Restrictions apply; see the offer details for full Terms and Conditions*.
*These offers are not valid for patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state funded healthcare program or where prohibited by law. Mylan Specialty L.P. reserves the right to amend or end these programs at any time without notice.
What if a patient doesn’t have their savings card with them at the pharmacy?
The static ID codes below provide unrestricted access to EpiPen® and its authorized generic, and can streamline your workflow.
Static ID Codes|
How many EpiPen 2-Pak® (or its authorized generic) cartons does a patient need?
You may notice that doctors are prescribing EpiPen 2-Pak® (or its authorized generic) cartons for multiple locations to help patients be prepared for anaphylactic emergencies:Here’s why it’s important to dispense the appropriate product:
- Nearly half of anaphylactic reactions occur outside the home—in places like work, school, restaurants, outdoors or while traveling1
- Patients should have immediate access to 2 epinephrine auto-injectors at all times, according to National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) guidelines. Up to 20% of patients may require a second dose of epinephrine, due to protracted symptoms or a biphasic reaction. Dispensing multiple cartons helps patients have access to a second dose of epinephrine if they need it.2,3
Here's how to order the EpiPen Auto-Injector or its authorized generic.4,5
|Mylan Auto-Injector||NDC number|
|EpiPen 2-Pak® (0.3 mg)||49502-500-02|
|EpiPen Jr 2-Pak® (0.15 mg)||49502-501-02|
|Epinephrine Injection, USP (0.3 mg)||49502-102-02|
|Epinephrine Injection, USP (0.15 mg)||49502-101-02|
You can order EpiPen® Auto-Injector or its authorized generic from your wholesaler. For further information, please call 800-395-3376.
- Wood RA, Camargo CA Jr, Lieberman P, et al. Anaphylaxis in America: the prevalence and characteristics of anaphylaxis in the United States. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133(2):461-467.
- Simons FE. Anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125(2)(suppl 2):S161-S181.
- Boyce JA, Assa'd A, Burks AW, et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of food allergy in the United States: report of the NIAID-sponsored expert panel. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;126(6)(suppl):S1-S58.
- EpiPen [prescribing & patient information]. Morgantown, WV: Mylan Specialty L.P.; 2017.
- Epinephrine Injection, USP [prescribing & patient information]. Morgantown, WV: Mylan Specialty L.P.; 2017.
- Data on file: Mylan Specialty L.P., IMS Report (1987-June 2017).
- FDA [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Food and Drug Administration]. FDA List of Authorized Generic Drugs. https://www.fda.gov/drugs/developmentapprovalprocess/howdrugsaredevelopedandapproved/approvalapplications/abbreviatednewdrugapplicationandagenerics/ucm126389.htm. Accessed July 19, 2017.
- Ram FSF, Hoare K, Arroll B, Hoare S. Epinephrine self-administration in anaphylactic emergencies: comparison of commonly available autoinjectors. J Asthma Allergy Educ. 2012;3(4):178-181.
- Simons FE. Anaphylaxis: recent advances in assessment and treatment. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124(4):625-636.
- Epinephrine injection, USP auto-injector [prescribing & patient information]. Horsham, PA: Lineage Therapeutics Inc; 2016.