Are your eligible patients using the EpiPen Savings Card®?
Commercially insured eligible patients can receive up to a $300 discount on up to three EpiPen 2-Pak® and/or EpiPen Jr 2-Pak® cartons (six auto-injectors) for $0 with the EpiPen Savings Card®. Tell your patients about it and help them reduce their out-of-pocket costs and be prepared in more places. Restrictions apply; see full Terms and Conditions.
Are your eligible patients who are prescribed the authorized generic to EpiPen® using the Epinephrine Injection, USP Auto-Injector Savings Card?
Commercially insured eligible patients can receive up to a $25 discount on up to three Epinephrine Injection, USP two-pack cartons (six auto-injectors) with the Epinephrine Injection, USP Auto-Injector Savings Card. Tell your patients about it and help them reduce their out-of-pocket costs and be prepared in more places. Restrictions apply; see the offer details for full Terms and Conditions*.
*These savings offers are not valid for patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state funded healthcare program or where prohibited by law. Mylan Specialty L.P., a Viatris Company reserves the right to amend or end these programs at any time without notice.
What if a patient doesn’t have their savings card with them at the pharmacy?
The static ID codes below provide unrestricted access to EpiPen® and its authorized generic, and can streamline your workflow.
Static ID Codes|
How many EpiPen 2-Pak® (or its authorized generic) cartons does a patient need?
You may notice that doctors are prescribing EpiPen 2-Pak® (or its authorized generic) cartons for multiple locations to help patients be prepared for anaphylactic emergencies: Here’s why it’s important to dispense the appropriate product:
- Nearly half of anaphylactic reactions occur outside the home—in places like work, school, restaurants, outdoors or while traveling1
- Patients should have immediate access to 2 epinephrine auto-injectors at all times, according to National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) guidelines. Up to 20% of patients may require a second dose of epinephrine, due to protracted symptoms or a biphasic reaction. Dispensing multiple cartons helps patients have access to a second dose of epinephrine if they need it.2,3
Here's how to order the EpiPen Auto-Injector or its authorized generic.4,5
|Viatris Auto-Injector||NDC number|
|EpiPen 2-Pak® (0.3 mg)||49502-500-02|
|EpiPen Jr 2-Pak® (0.15 mg)||49502-501-02|
|Epinephrine Injection, USP (0.3 mg)||49502-102-02|
|Epinephrine Injection, USP (0.15 mg)||49502-101-02|
You can order EpiPen® Auto-Injector or its authorized generic from your wholesaler. For further information, please call 800-796-9526.
- Wood RA, Camargo CA Jr, Lieberman P, et al. Anaphylaxis in America: the prevalence and characteristics of anaphylaxis in the United States. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133(2):461-467.
- Simons FE. Anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125(2)(suppl 2):S161-S181.
- Boyce JA, Assa'd A, Burks AW, et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of food allergy in the United States: report of the NIAID-sponsored expert panel. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;126(6)(suppl):S1-S58.
- EpiPen [prescribing & patient information]. Morgantown, WV: Mylan Specialty L.P.; 12/2020.
- Epinephrine Injection, USP [prescribing & patient information]. Morgantown, WV: Mylan Specialty L.P.; 12/2020.
- Data on file: Mylan Specialty L.P., IMS Report (1987-August 2018).
- FDA [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Food and Drug Administration]. FDA List of Authorized Generic Drugs. https://www.fda.gov/drugs/developmentapprovalprocess/howdrugsaredevelopedandapproved/approvalapplications/abbreviatednewdrugapplicationandagenerics/ucm126389.htm. Accessed March 25, 2021.
- Ram FSF, Hoare K, Arroll B, Hoare S. Epinephrine self-administration in anaphylactic emergencies: comparison of commonly available autoinjectors. J Asthma Allergy Educ. 2012;3(4):178-181.
- Simons FE. Anaphylaxis: recent advances in assessment and treatment. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124(4):625-636.